Pages

16 Sept 2011

What Next?

I realise I've been a little cryptic in talking about the issues behind my work, but I really don't want to offend or misrepresent anyone in my family. All the paintings and drawings I've produced are essentially self portraits - looking at myself through the eyes of others, others through the eyes of myself and myself through my own eyes. How confusing! While I have been focusing my attention on my grandmother, I've really been analysing how I feel I should be as a person, and the issues I have that may be related to her past as well as my own.

I am therefore moving forward by looking at old photographs of myself, continuing along the same line as before - possibly with a view to create some comparison or reasoning between the two. It's hard to explain at the moment as the theory behind my pieces is usually easier to explicate once I've gained a bit of distance from my process.

So! Onto the paintings:









No comments:

Post a Comment